Careers – Current Opportunities
Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Earth Fire Energy Inc. is pursuing our vision to expand our consulting engineering services and increase our capacity for Mechanical Engineering. To facilitate this, we are seeking to engage a highly capable Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to work on a variety of projects, progress their career, and mentor upcoming professionals.
- Professional engineer or eligible for registration in BC.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in mechanical engineering.
- Experience related to sizing and specification of industrial piping, storage tanks, and process equipment.
- Aptitude for problem solving and report writing.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- A demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Comfortable working in both office and industrial settings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Direct and complete mechanical designs and specifications for industrial clients.
- Read and apply relevant codes, standards, and design guides.
- Prepare, review, and seal engineering designs, drawings, and calculations.
- Manage and mentor junior team members.
- Develop proposals, budgets, and schedules.
- Obtain pictures, measurements, and relevant information for a project.
About Earth Fire Energy
We are a small engineering firm that’s growing. Our focus is industrial engineering, with a niche in mechanical operations. Our technical team members are always expanding their skills and experience. They’re eager to take on more responsibility than they would in a larger company and they take pride in exceeding client expectations. We are interested in engineers that enjoy work, want to tackle new responsibilities, and aren’t afraid of getting a little dirty.
People are Earth Fire Energy’s greatest asset. We believe in treating people with respect, providing challenging and rewarding experiences, and offering flexible scheduling to enable work-life balance for our team. We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer that is self-motivated, enjoys problem solving, and strives for quality to join our team.
About Prince George
Prince George is an adventure enthusiast’s dream: mountain biking, snowboarding, skiing, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, paddling—and we want our employees have a work-life balance that allows them to take advantage of all of it. Prince George boasts 1900 hours of sunshine per year and 1,600 lakes and rivers within an hour of the city to enjoy!
There are lots of reasons to consider Prince George: opportunity, affordability, and quality of life. Prince George has the amenities of a larger city, but the feel of a smaller town (average commutes are 10–15 minutes!). We have diverse options for dining, including local pizzerias, a brewery, and winery. There are countless entertainment selections with two theater companies, a symphony orchestra, and frequent musical performances.
While Prince George has been dubbed “BC’s Northern Capital”, it is located in Central BC. Daily flights can have you directly in Vancouver, Edmonton, Victoria, and many other destinations in just over an hour.
How to apply:
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com